These are the ingredients that you will need:
- 1 romaine lettuce
- 0.5 Kg sweet potato (orange)
- Half a family size box of seedless red grapes
- 1 small pack of 10 to 15 shitake mushrooms
- 1 box of pea sprouts (or 1 bundle of watercress)
- 1 can of red kidney beans in brine
- 1 Japanese cucumber
- 1 box of cherry tomatoes
- 300g of almond
- 1 big red onion
- olive oil
- mixed Italian herbs
- salt and black pepper
Suggestions to prepare the ingredients this way:
- Romaine - Slice the romaine lettuce into squares after rinse and spin-dry.
- Sweet potato - Peel and slice into small chunks. Toss chunks into a big salad-tossing bowl and drizzle them with olive oil. Toast them in oven or air-fryer for 15 to 20 min till soft and slight browning all-round.
Note: You may substitute with Soba noodles.
- Seedless Red Grapes – Rinse and slice them into halves.
- Shitake mushrooms – Rinse them under tap water, slice them and set them aside for light pan frying later.
- Pea Sprouts – Chop off any roots, rinse under tap to remove any soil. Spin-dry them and chop into index-finger lengths.
Note: Heat 2 tbsps of olive oil in a pan, quick-fry chopped garlic. Sauté the Pea Sprouts and Shitake mushrooms.
- Red kidney beans – Brush can under tap water before opening. Use strainer to rinse kidney beans under tap to remove brine.
- Japanese cucumber – Use a potato peeler to remove the skin. Chop them into small chunks.
- Cherry tomatoes – Rinse and slice in halves.
- Red Onion – Remove first layer, and slice thinly.
- Sliced Almonds – Toast them till slight browning.
- Assemble all of the above ingredients in a big salad bowl for tossing. Drizzle olive oil again and stir until you see all areas of your salad has the ‘shine’.
- Sprinkle salt, black pepper, and Italian herbs mix for taste and aroma.
- Store in chiller overnight, and it’s ready to serve.